Thursday, October 15, 2015

Hmmm... may be time to move back to blogger!

Before Instagram, blogging was my one outlet for my nail art and manicures.  After all, my husband can only get excited about so many holos and glitters and cremes before he freaks out.

I like blogging, it lets me get more detailed about manicures... as to why I loved it, or hated it.  But it also gives me more time to think  about what I want (and do not want) to say.


I love gradient manicures... but I cannot do a good gradient manicure to save my life!

I have watched numerous videos, read a million 'how to' articles and tried countless methods, and still my gradients are less than stellar.

One gradient I can do with little or no drama... the glitter gradient!

I use an eyeshadow applicator.  This allows me to have more control over the placement and the amount of glitter.

I started this manicure with one of my favorite indies, Loaded Lacquer.  Heather from Loaded Lacquer has an amazing brand.   I have all three of the Nude Jiggle Trio.




After two coats of No Bra, I added a quick dry top coat.  I am currently on a HK Girl kick, by Glisten & Glow.

Once the polish was dry, I grabbed one of the eyeshadow applicators and went to work.

Remember, glitter is a little like perfume.  It is easier to add a little bit at time, but impossible to take off if you added too much!!

I start at the top, and then slowly work my way down.

After I am happy with the glitter placement, I add one last coat of HK Girl and I am good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment