Saturday, September 14, 2013

My nails tale of woe...

If I did not have to work for a living (or clean, or cook, or have to clean after I cook) my nails would be super long and very rarely break.  Unfortunately, I have a need to buy those crazy things like food, and shelter (and oddly enough, my nail polish habit), so I have to keep working.

Yesterday,  after my shift ended I realized I had damaged not one, but two nails on my right hand (yes, like most the world I am right handed).  Of course my left hand was still perfect condition.  And although my left had did not suffer at all, I hate having one hand with significantly longer nails than the other so the whole team was got a trim.

My nails are very hard, but dry and brittle.  And my nails don't break, they develop a small tears (always right at the quick).  I swear,, I will find a way to grow all my nails (on both hands) and keep the nails in good working order for more than two days.

I was feeling blue over my nail situation, so I decided to do something a little snazzy.

I started with OPI's My Boyfriend Scales Walls, the water marbling was done with My Boyfriend and China Glaze's Liquid Leather (also the polka dots are done with Liquid Leather).  My left hand middle finger, my right hand index finger and both thumbs stared with My Boyfriend, then for something fun I added Maybelline's Color Show Polka Dots in Clearly Spotted.

If you want a versatile fun polish to add to your collection, I cannot say enough good things about Maybelline's Color Show Polka Dots in Clearly Spotted ($3.00 at Walmart!), add just one coat and it will quickly jazz up any solid polish.


I could not post my sad little right hand... trust me, it is not pretty (both my index and thumb are down to the quick, sniff, sniff).

Thanks!!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment